The Reuter Family YMCA Offers a Reprieve from the Cold
Biltmore Park Town Square has not escaped the frigid cold that has set in over Western North Carolina, but there are still places where you can enjoy activities throughout the winter. In fact, one of the best places to warm up is situated right here in South Asheville. The Reuter Family YMCA is the perfect place to sweat out those winter chills. While experiencing the great outdoors is commendable, with wind, snow, and freezing temperatures in the forecast, having an indoor facility for activity is essential for maintaining those New Year’s resolutions to get fit. Not only does exercise help your physical health, it can also have a mood-boosting effect, which helps keep up your energy as you look towards spring.
If you’re concerned about keeping motivated, the YMCA offers a free program called "Coach Approach,” that promises to offer encouragement, support, and energy for your workouts. Reuter Family YMCA regular Tracee Lewis exclaims that “My coach was awesome and taught me how to stick with it. Having gone through the Coach Approach program I am now a regular exerciser! I love going to the gym and seeing people smiling and saying hi; not just to be nice but because they recognize me! That alone is encouragement.”
Stop by the YMCA for a tour of the facility. Membership benefits include group exercise classes like yoga and cycling, access to personal trainers and the aquatics center. During your visit, don’t forget to explore the ever-growing Biltmore Park Town Square where retailers, offices, residential spaces, and restaurants are only a short walk from the YMCA.
- Mon, Oct 12th Fleet Feet Fun Run
- Wed, Oct 14th City Market South - Outdoor Farmer's Market
- Wed, Oct 14th Thirsty Monk Pint Night - Mother Earth Brewing
- Thu, Oct 15th Ameriprise Financial - "Building A Confident Retirement"
- Fri, Oct 16th Friday Night Wine Tasting - Joni's Artisanal Wine & Beer
- Mon, Oct 19th Fleet Feet Fun Run
- Wed, Oct 21st City Market South - Outdoor Farmer's Market
- Wed, Oct 21st Thirsty Monk Pint Night - New Belgium
- Thu, Oct 22nd Ameriprise Financial - "Building A Confident Retirement"
- Thu, Oct 22nd Wine Drinkers with a Reading Problem - Joni's Artisanal Wine & Beer