The Reuter Family YMCA Offers a Reprieve from the Cold
Biltmore Park Town Square has not escaped the frigid cold that has set in over Western North Carolina, but there are still places where you can enjoy activities throughout the winter. In fact, one of the best places to warm up is situated right here in South Asheville. The Reuter Family YMCA is the perfect place to sweat out those winter chills. While experiencing the great outdoors is commendable, with wind, snow, and freezing temperatures in the forecast, having an indoor facility for activity is essential for maintaining those New Year’s resolutions to get fit. Not only does exercise help your physical health, it can also have a mood-boosting effect, which helps keep up your energy as you look towards spring.
If you’re concerned about keeping motivated, the YMCA offers a free program called "Coach Approach,” that promises to offer encouragement, support, and energy for your workouts. Reuter Family YMCA regular Tracee Lewis exclaims that “My coach was awesome and taught me how to stick with it. Having gone through the Coach Approach program I am now a regular exerciser! I love going to the gym and seeing people smiling and saying hi; not just to be nice but because they recognize me! That alone is encouragement.”
Stop by the YMCA for a tour of the facility. Membership benefits include group exercise classes like yoga and cycling, access to personal trainers and the aquatics center. During your visit, don’t forget to explore the ever-growing Biltmore Park Town Square where retailers, offices, residential spaces, and restaurants are only a short walk from the YMCA.
- Mon, Apr 27th Hi Wire Beer Pairing Dinner - Chef's Apron
- Tue, Apr 28th Painting Party - Chef's Apron
- Wed, Apr 29th City Market South - Outdoor Farmer's Market
- Fri, May 1st Friday Night Wine Tasting - Joni's Artisanal Wine & Beer
- Wed, May 6th City Market South - Outdoor Farmer's Market
- Thu, May 7th Ameriprise Financial - "Planning for Healthcare in Retirement"
- Fri, May 8th Friday Night Wine Tasting - Joni's Artisanal Wine & Beer
- Tue, May 12th A Cool Night Out with Dr. Laura Ellis and medAge - CoolSculpting Event
- Wed, May 13th City Market South - Outdoor Farmer's Market
- Thu, May 14th Wine Drinkers with a Reading Problem - Joni's Artisanal Wine & Beer